Sunday, March 8, 2009

Second Try....



A bit better results today....I think the jaw muscle ended up being too small, but oh well...there is always next time. I really like the new Momka's color Aurora Borealis...it's an Amber Purple with lots of sparkle in it. When held up to the light, the burgundy of this color really shows up and it is beautiful. The image on the left shows the side I reduced--more greens and opaques. The image on the right was worked normally and shown in indirect sunlight to showcase the burgundy tones.
While I was warming up to get ready to make the horse head, I thought I would practice my marbles and made Cosmic Ruby....a dichroic galaxy center with backing of sparkling ruby. Lots of fun...Unfortunately I forgot to wear my full helmet instead of my half helmet so I have a bit of a sunburned(or technically a torchburned) face....ouch!

No comments: