Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Crystalflipz Dichroic Stringer



I have been using these amazing stringers for a while now and I have to say they are one of the most useful innovations for COE 104 glass. No longer is dichroic a pain! These stringers are so easy to use, do not burn out and last a long time. Since they are stringers, they can be used like traditional stringers--on the surface, in a twist, dot or wherever you want to have a spot of sparkle. My favorite colors are the Magenta Gold and Bright Gold stringer, but all the colors are lovely. She is also concocting new variations. I just tested some rubino and murrini stringer that are out of this world. I can't wait to get my hands on more of them!

There are different sizes of sparkle, from fine(gives a subtle sheen) to large speckled for an almost glitter effect. She takes special orders but has regular colors listed in her Etsy store.
I've still yet to discover all the possibilities with this stringer, but I know I am going to have alot of fun along the way!

The beads above have red stringer with gold dichroic--a beautiful way to shimmer. Also, it's hard to see, but the flower has rubino with Magenta sparkle in it. I love the icicle effect of this stringer when overlapped one over the other on the bead...it goes so well with silver glass too!
the bead on the left below has gold stringer over the orange for a subtle glitter. The bead on the right I used the stringer to twist the glass. It leaves a gorgeous sparkle filled dot!



No comments: