Monday, November 30, 2009

Felting!!!

















A new hobby is on the horizon....I was inspired to try my hand at felting after I purchased an incredible felt scarf from Lori Lochner....My friend Elizabeth gave me some starter tools and wool to try out and wow is it ever fun! I ran out to Urban Craft Center in Santa Monica to get more wool but had to go online to get a good variety of colors. Of course, I decided to make flowers and I found this hobby quite relaxing....here are my first attempts....
I didn't have a good range of colors so I improvised and felted together some yarn and yarn threads as well....it is so much fun and there is no sewing involved! :-D
Now I want to try and incorporate glass and silver to see what I cna come up with...lots of fun ahead!

2 comments:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

I tried felting once and enjoyed it. I made a little red cherry with a green leaf!

nagi said...

cool! :-D